- Woodoo made it into the program 5 of START UP AUTOBAHN! 2019/01/18
Europe’s largest automotive innovation platform starts its fifth round with 34 startups from 10 countries (including 25 from Europe, 5 from the USA, 4 from Israel) this 21st of February. STARTUP AUTOBAHN present the newest technologies, facilitate joint projects between startups and corporations, and offers access to VC’s, mentors, hardware lab, expertise, tools and office space. Woodoo will be showcased on the event with its latest tactile onboard HMI, designed for one of the major Premium German car manufacturer. We can’t wait to unveil!
- New skyscrapers: taller, more sober 2019/02/11
An interesting prospective article in Les Echos, showcasing opportunities to make forest-cities of our living spaces. It features the W350 Sumitomo tower, and how Woodoo could provide a technical answer to this ambitious project and reconcile ecologists and architects (article in french).
- The new precious wood 2019/01/17
Woodoo is featured in Technology Review from Heise. Discover their overview of some of the most promising biomaterial initiatives and wood projects around the world (in german).
- The wonderful world of materials 2018/12/11
Woodoo is featured in Think ING, the magazine of the young engineers of the German Metallurgical Industry (in german)read more
- One in 20 efficient solutions for our planet 2018/12/08
Woodoo is highlighted among the 20 initiatives (out of 1000) presented in La Tribune by Bertrand Piccard and the Solar Impulse Foundation (in french)read more
- Is sustainability the new luxury? 2018/12/07
How Woodoo seeks to revolutionize the way we use an age-old material, as seen by Advantage, the magazine of the aircraft manufacturer Embraerread more
- Woodoo, a wood material for building the future 2018/11/05
The “Aujourd’hui pour Demain” series on Motherboard (the VICE channel that decodes the relationships between technology and society) explores the technology initiatives that are building our future. Awarded by EDF Pulse 2017, Woodoo’s innovative augmented wood is one of the most promising in the world. A video in french.
- Wood is the new concrete 2018/11/02
Woodoo has been labelled as a Solar Impulse Efficient Solution, one of the 1000 clean and profitable solutions selected by the Solar Impulse Foundation to help decision-makers adopt more ambitious environmental targets and energy policies.
- Woodoo reveals its species at the “Places d’Or” 2018/10/26
During the luxury and packaging event of the “Places d’Or” 2018, Woodoo reveals for the first time to the public the exceptional qualities and properties of its differents wood species.
Walnut, sapelli or smoked eucalyptus can be discovered alongside the amazing plane tree, with its panther skin paterns, or the “simple” poplar, finally enhanced by the exclusive patented process of Woodoo.
Young bio-engineering startup specialized in the development of augmented wood, Woodoo transforms real wood and reinforces it at the molecular level to make it 3 times sturdier than conventional wood, weatherproof, more resistant to fire, 100% recyclable and incredibly translucent: an advanced high-performance material with unrivaled environmental performance and unprecedented aesthetics.
Its vast field of innovations has been rewarded with many international and national awards (MIT Innovator of the Year, Horizon 2020 Award from the European Commission, Solar Impulse Award…). The applications for this extraordinary material range from luxury to packaging and automotive, and soon to construction. Come and discover it from November the 13th to the 15th in the prestigious setting of Hotel Le Meurice in Paris!
- Fulbright For The Future award 2018/09/15
Fulbright, a Franco-American commission, has been a key partner in Woodoo’s development. Presentation by Timothée Boitouzet for the Fulbright For The Future award (in french).
- Translucent wood: a resistant and sustainable material for constructing the buildings of the future 2017/11/15
When the planet is home to the almost 12 billion people that the UN calculates will inhabit the Earth by the year 2100, where will they live? In less than 15 years, the organization estimates that there will be 3 billion people in need of proper housing worldwide. Against this backdrop, any sustainable and economically viable option that allows us to create new housing more quickly and efficiently could form part of the solution. And the young, French architect Timothée Boitouzet has a wood-based proposal that could serve just this purpose.
- Wood: material of the future 2017/02/15
Keynote by Timothée Boitouzet at EmTech France, as the MIT Technology Review french innovator of the year 2016.
- Transluscent wood for the 21st century 2017/02/06
Timothée Boitouzet in a report and an interview on the French television France 3, in the economical TV Show “In Situ” (french version only).watch the video
- Wood of the future: more rigid, less flammable and less opaque 2017/02/02
Woodoo presented on the french television France 2 in the morning TV show TéléMatin (in french)
- The wood we will build the skyscrapers of the future with 2017/01/15
Woodoo presented by Vodafone One (in spanish).
- The inventor of the bionic wood creates his startup : Woodoo 2016/11/28
Presentation of the startup in french magazine les Echos Entrepreneurs (in french)
- Woodoo, an elegant and bold idea 2016/10/21
Woodoo presented by Sophie Bécherel on french radio France Inter in the radio show Futur Proche (in french)
- Europe 1 Demain – La Terre 2016/08/06
Overview of Woodoo by Timothée Boitouzet in La Terre from french radio program Europe 1 Demain (from the 28th minute). This program, presented by Anicet Mbida and Alain Cirou, highlights french solutions, initiatives and innovations that help building a better future (in french).
- What if wood became the material of the 21st century ? 2016/06/05
Woodoo presented by Timothée Boitouzet at the event L’Echappée Volée, now BOMA France (in french).
- Biology for architecture
Woodoo presented on french TV M6 in the information program 19.45 (in french).
- In the town of the future, the towers of La Défense will be built with wood 2016/05/18
Interview of Timothée Boitouzet in french magazine Le Monde (in french)
- “Super Wood” for the architecture of the future 2016/05/03
Woodoo reviewed by Anthony Morel with Jean-Jacques Bourdin: “super wood” for the architecture of the future, in Bourdin Direct show on french radio RMC (in french).
- A french architect creates a “super wood” which could be used to build skyscrapers
Anthony Morel highlights Woodoo’s “reinforced wood” on french television BFMTV, in Culture Geek show (in french).
- Woodoo presented by french magazine Science et Avenir 2016/04/25
Winner of the MIT prize for innovators under 35, Timothée Boitouzet has developed a hybrid wood that could revolutionize the construction sector (in french).
- Translucent and solid wood to build buildings 2016/04/20
Woodoo presented by Virginie Garin, in the radio show Terres d’Innovations, on french radio RTL (in french).
- Timothée Boitouzet elected as the Innovator of the Year under 35 2016/04/14
Timothée Boitouzet’s election as Innovator of the Year by the MIT Technology Review, lived by the Franco-American commission Fulbright (in french).
- The young French innovator of the year wants to create translucent wooden skyscrapers
Woodoo presented by the french magazine Industrie et Technologie (in french)
- Woodoo in one minute 2016/04/08
One minute to learn more about Woodoo. Filmed by Welcome To The Jungle for the Concours Edhec Entreprendre (in french).
- Translucent wood for the house of the future ? 2016/04/06
Cut out a very thin slice of wood and you can observe a slight transparency. Nice, but very fragile. Fortunately, Woodoo decided to offer transparent wooden boards. Our ingredients: biosourced polymers that were injected into the wood, he was allowed to let 10 to 20% of the light and make it more resistant.