AS HUMANS FACE
WE BELIEVE IN THE ADVENT
OF A SUPERNATURE
- Wood was engineered by Nature during 420 million years, reaching remarkable efficiency following its own rationales and needs. But for we, humans, wood is mechanically weak, rots, burns, and is expensive to maintain.
- As one of the oldest and favorite material known to mankind, it is time to make it the material of the 21st century. That’s why at Woodoo, we have grounded our innovation on Nature’s intelligence augmented with technology to cope with the resource shortage and environmental imperatives of our time.
- Woodoo is an augmented wood material, for the future of smart cities: touch-sensitive and light-weight for HMI (Human-to-Machine Interface) and mobility interiors, and weatherproof plus 300% stronger to build tomorrow’s wooden skyscrapers. Leveraging unused resources, Woodoo enhance low-grade wood into a high-tech material.
WE STAND FOR
THE MOBILITY INDUSTRY
We drive innovation in passenger experience. By 2023, 70% of decorative interior trim parts in mobility will become interactive, democratizing connected mobility, today primarily developed on the premium car segment for 64,6% of vehicles, with a 24.3% annual CAGR forecast in 2020. This trend will grow not only for the automotive segment but also for all means of transportation such as trains, buses, jets, boats, especially driven by the emergence of autonomous driving and commuting.
- As an alternative to glass and plastics, Woodoo offers an immersive on-demand information solution reinventing life onboard.
WE STAND FOR
THE CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY
Construction materials are running out: As demand for steel and sand to produce concrete grows, there is a global shortage of raw materials. We are facing an unprecedented urbanization boom: China used more cement between 2011-2013 than the USA during the whole 20th century. By 2030, 70% of the world’s population will live in cities. Wood is the only construction material that grows by itself and absorb CO2 instead of emitting it.
- Woodoo’s bio-engineered materials are needed at a time of environmental strain to build faster, cleaner and higher.
WE STAND FOR
THE FORESTRY INDUSTRY
50% of the European continent is covered by forests. Of these 31% of the annual growth is unused, reaching 49% in some countries like France. In North America for instance, 41% of poplar growing every year is unused, considered too week and poor. Forestry provides 1.36 million jobs in Europe, but facing a rough competition from Asia. Consequently, employment dropped by 27% from 2000 to 2013. Almost 20% of sawmills have shuttered since 2005, and another 30% are expected to close by 2020.
- By introducing a unique value-proposition, Woodoo can help Europe become the leader in advanced timber materials, and reduce its imports of exotic wood, steel and sand.
WE ARE BIO-ENGINEERING
THE NEXT GEN WOOD
The result is as tough as concrete,
luminous as amber and 100% recyclable
It stores 1 ton of CO2 per m3,
instead of emitting it
By anticipating a zero net carbon society, Woodoo rebuilds wood at the molecular level and transforms natural wood into an augmented material that is strong, light, durable and stunningly translucent. The result is as tough as concrete and luminous as amber, 100% recyclable, twice as energy efficient as concrete and 130 times as steel. It stores 1 ton of CO2 per m3, instead of emitting it.
It is strong, moldable and
Woodoo’s patented breakthrough technology creates an unprecedented new material that is abundant (as wood grows everywhere and regenerates) and strong and moldable (panels can be bent into any shape without breakage, and used like touchscreens when connected to electronics).
3x sturdier than wood
low CO2 footprint
OUR INNOVATION AWARDS
Horizon 2020 / SME Instrument Phase 2
European Commission, July 2018
European Innovator of the year
MIT Technology Review - European Summit,
Fulbright for the Future Prize
Fulbright Commission, November 2018
World Alliance Award
Solar Impulse Foundation, May 2018
Global Shapers Award
World Economic Forum,
SME Innovation Associate
European Commission, June 2017
European Commission, September 2018