Confidentiality and protection of your personal data is important to Woodoo, a French Société par actions simplifiée (SAS) with a capital of 24.210, 00 euros, registered with the French Register of Companies under number 822 373 551, having its head office at 83, boulevard Saint Michel, 75005 Paris, France.
We undertake to comply with the European General Data Protection Regulation No. 2016/679 applicable from 25 May 2018 (the “GDPR”) and other French privacy laws.
1. Collection of your personal information
Personal data is information which may be used to identify or contact a specific person.
You do not have to give us the personal data we request. However, if you choose not to do so, we will not always be able to provide you with our products and services, or even answer your questions.
Woodoo can collect different types of data including the following:
• Identification data: surname, first name, nationality, place and date of birth, title, IP address, etc. ;
• Contact information: postal address, email address, telephone number, etc.;
• Banking, financial and transactional data: bank details, credit card numbers, etc.;
• Data relating to the use of our products and services:
- data relating to your use of our products and services ;
- data relating to your interactions with Woodoo: websites, mobile applications, social networks, meetings, phone calls, chats, e-mails, letters, telephone conversations;
• Data collected using Cookies: to recognize you and remember your preferences;
• Data provided by the public authorities: to fight against excessive debt, placement under safeguard, recovery, judicial liquidation, etc.
Woodoo does not collect sensitive data. If exceptionally we are required to do so, sensitive data will only be collected after obtaining your explicit prior consent.
Woodoo does not make any decision involving the use of algorithms or profiling that may affect you drastically.
2. The means to collect personal data
Your personal data may be directly provided by you, collected by us or may be obtained from other sources.
When your personal data are collected directly from you, this collection can be performed by different means and supports, including but not limited to:
• oral discussions;
• registration forms or other forms online;
• customer account ;
• phone call;
• instant message;
• mobile applications.
Woodoo may record and retain conversations with you, including phone calls, meetings, letters, email, live chats, video chats, and any other kind of messaging.
Your personal data may also be obtained from other supports, including but not limited to:
• publications and/or databases made available by the official authorities (for example, the official journal);
• our service providers;
• third parties such as credit reference agencies, fraud prevention agencies or data brokers in accordance with data protection legislation;
• websites and/or social media containing information that you have made public (your website, your Facebook page, your Twitter, etc.);
• databases made available to the public by third parties;
• people who have direct relations with Woodoo, for example, when a customer, service provider or business partner provides us with personal information about you.
We may also collect and use personal data of individuals with whom we previously had, or could have had, a direct relationship such as:
• users of our website;
• potential or existing customers;
• people who participated in our events.
3. Use of your personal data
• The collected personal data enables Woodoo to keep you informed about the latest product announcements, updates and upcoming events. If you do not want to be in our mailing list, you may decide to unsubscribe at any time by changing your preferences.
• We use your personal information to use and deliver products, services, content and advertising, and for loss prevention and fraud prevention purposes.
We may also use your personal data for account and network security purposes, including to protect our services for the benefit of all our users.
• We may use your personal information to verify your identity and determine the appropriate services.
• We may also use personal data for internal purposes, such as for audits, data analysis and research to improve Woodoo’s products, services and customer communications.
4. Collection and use of your non-personal information
We may also collect data which do not allow us to make a direct connection with a particular person. We may collect, use, transfer and disclose non-personal information for any purpose.
The following are examples of non-personal data that we collect and how we can use it:
• We may collect information such as business, language, zip code, area code, to help us better understand customer behavior and improve our products, services and advertising.
• We may collect customer activity data, notably, from our website. This data is collected and used to enable us to provide more useful information to our customers and to know which aspects of our website, products and services are most popular.
• We may collect and store information about your use of our services, including your searches. This information can be used to improve the relevance of the results provided by our services.
If we combine non-personal data with personal data, the combined data is treated as personal data as long as it remains associated.
5. Cookies and other technologies
We treat the data collected by cookies and other technologies as personal data when they allow us to make a direct connection with a particular person.
If you want to disable cookies, go to the Privacy pane of your web browser where an option will allow you to manage your preferences. If not, please consult your provider for information on how to disable cookies.
We also collect certain information automatically and store it in history. This data include Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and language, Internet Service Provider (ISP), websites and applications, operating systems, date and the time, as well as data about your journey on the site.
We use this data to know and analyze trends, administer the site, track user behavior on the site and improve our products and services. Woodoo may use this information for its marketing and advertising services.
6. Disclosure to third parties
Woodoo may sometimes make personal data available to partners working with Woodoo for the supply of products and services, or helping Woodoo commercialize its products to customers.
Personal data is only shared by Woodoo to provide or improve products, services and advertisements. It is not shared with third parties for marketing purposes.
Woodoo also shares personal data with companies that provide services such as information processing, execution of sales orders, product delivery, customer data management and development, provision of customer service, evaluating your interest in our products and services, and conducting customer satisfaction surveys or customer development. These companies have to protect your personal data.
Woodoo may be required, by law, in the context of legal proceedings, litigation and/or a request from the public authorities of your country of residence or otherwise, to disclose your personal data. We may also disclose your data if we believe that for national security, law enforcement or other public purposes, disclosure is necessary or appropriate.
7. Transfer of personal data abroad
Your personal data may be shared with providers located outside of the European Economic Area.
Woodoo transfers your data only when necessary to fulfil a contractual obligation, a legal obligation, protect the public interest and to defend its legitimate interests.
Woodoo undertakes to transfer your personal data to providers who have been the subject of a decision of adequacy by the European Commission or undertakes to take one of the following precautions to ensure the protection of your data:
• enter into an agreement with the provider whereby the latter will have to protect your personal data by means similar to those provided by the Regulation, such as the insertion of standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission;
• transfer your personal data to organizations benefiting from “Binding Corporate Rules” to provide adequate protection of data transferred from the European Union to third countries of the European Economic Area within a single company or group.
8. Personal data retention periods
Your personal data is retained for the period required by applicable law or any other period necessary for Woodoo to fulfil its operational obligations, for example to facilitate the management of the customer relationship or to be compliant with legal or regulatory requests.
For example, most personal data collected about a customer are remained by Woodoo for the duration of their contractual relationship, to which is generally added a number of years after the end of this contractual relationship.
To estimate these retention periods, we carefully determine whether we need to collect personal data and, if we establish such a need, we only keep it in the shortest possible and necessary time to achieve the purpose of the collection, unless a longer duration is required by law.
If you wish to obtain more information about the duration for which your personal data will be stored or the requirements used to determine this duration, you can contact Woodoo at the address indicated in point 9 below.
9. Access to personal data and your rights
Pursuant the applicable regulations, you have rights to your personal data:
• to access to personal data that we hold and a copy of it.
• to ask us to correct personal data if they are incorrect or to delete them, unless Woodoo has to retain them according to laws or for legitimate business purposes.
• to request the limitation of the processing of your personal data.
• to oppose, at any time, the processing of your personal data for personal reasons, for prospecting purposes, including profiling, unless Woodoo is allowed to continue the processing of your according to laws or for legitimate business purposes.
• as permitted or required by law, to receive the personal data you have provided to us or, where technically possible, to transfer your data to a third party.
• not to be subject to a decision based on automated decision-making, including profiling, if this decision would have legal effect on you or would produce a similar significant effect.
• to withdraw your consent at any time.
Woodoo may refuse to process vexatious requests, requests that violate the confidentiality of third-party data, requests that are extremely difficult to set up, or requests for which access is not required by applicable law.
You may exercise your rights by writing to us by email at email@example.com or by simple letter to our head office address.
In accordance with the GDPR, you also have the right to file a complaint with the CNIL, whose website is accessible at the following address www.cnil.fr and whose registered office is located at 3 Place de Fontenoy – TSA 80715 – 75334 Paris Cedex 07.
10. Third party websites and services
Woodoo’s websites, applications and services may contain links to third-party websites, products and services. Our products and services may also use or offer third-party products and services.
The information collected by third parties, which may include, notably, contact information, are governed by the privacy practices of those third parties. We invite you to learn about these practices.
11. Our commitment to preserving your privacy
When your personal data is stored by Woodoo, we use limited access computer systems installed in premises using technical and organizational security measures.
Woodoo cannot be held liable for any personal data breach or damages to personal data when stored by a third party.
Woodoo offers a high standard for the security of personal data, preserving confidentiality, integrity and authenticity through the use of various methods.
Woodoo requires its employees, service providers and partners to respect high standards of security and information protection, notably by contractual obligations under which they undertake to protect all data and enforce strict measures regarding the transfer of personal data.
13. To find out more about your personal data